Thank you for your interest in applying to the Montessori Institute of San Diego!
MISD welcomes students from a wide variety of educational, professional, and cultural backgrounds, and the Admission Committee evaluates each candidate carefully, with an eye for overall academic potential and ideological compatibility.
We look forward to reviewing your completed application. Feel free to contact us by phone or email if you need any support during the application process.
Telephone: (858) 535-0500 x101
In evaluating candidates for any of our Montessori teacher training courses, our Admissions Committee looks for:
- A bachelor’s degree (The Director of Training may make exceptions to this requirement under special circumstances.)
- The ability for academic success in a rigorous and demanding course of study
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proof of personal suitability for training, including emotional maturity, integrity of character, intellectual creativity, openness to new ideas, and the aptitude for psychological insight and understanding
The Montessori Institute of San Diego does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other protected classification.
Your application for admission must be accompanied by the following supporting materials:
- Resume or CV
- Five short (one to two paragraphs each) essays answering the following questions:
1. Why do you want to take this training course?
2. What are your interests and skills? What specific qualifications do you bring to this work?
3. Describe your experience with children. Do you have any experience with children in the age range you wish to study? If so, explain.
4. How do you intend to use your Montessori training? How will your training further your professional goals?
5. How did you first learn about our program?
- Three reference/recommendation letters (download recommendation form)
- College transcripts (A transcript is a record of the grades you received at college or university. Official transcripts are transcripts which are prepared by the institution and then sent by email or post directly to MISD)
- a recent photograph of yourself
- A non-refundable application fee
- A personal interview may be required, either in person or by Skype or telephone.
If you are an international student who will be applying for a student visa, we will also need your completed International Student Information Form, your bank statements/letters of financial support, and an additional $500 International Student Fee if you are accepted. All classes at the Montessori Institute of San Diego are given in English. International students from non-English speaking countries must take either the TOEFL (Internet- 80, Paper Based 550) or the IELTS (Score 6.5), unless they hold a degree from a university in an English-speaking country or will be accompanied by a translator.
Once ALL application materials have been received, including your non-refundable application fee and any materials sent separately by mail, MISD’s Admissions Committee will review your application and will contact you with a decision within two to three weeks.
- 858-535-0500 x101
- The Montessori Institute of San Diego
ATTN: Admissions Committee
8745 La Jolla Scenic Drive North
La Jolla, California 92037